Pineapple Tart Recipe with Turkey Recipe
By Kris Wetherbee | Apr 6, 2010
Yields 6 to 8 servings
- 1 (9-inch) deep-dish pastry shell, unbaked
- 1 1/2 cups chopped or shredded cooked turkey
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup light or regular mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice (reserved from crushed pineapple)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon diced fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 375°F. Pierce pastry shell several times with fork; bake 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and reduce temperature to 350°.
- In large bowl, combine turkey, pineapple, both cheeses and green onions; toss gently to mix. Spoon turkey mixture into prepared pie shell.
- In same bowl, whisk together eggs, mayonnaise, milk, reserved pineapple juice and white pepper until well-combined. Pour mixture evenly over turkey and pineapple filling. Sprinkle almonds and parsley over filling.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until center is set. Remove from oven, cover with foil and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner, this pineapple tart recipe with turkey is a great way to showcase leftover turkey and an excess of cheese.