Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles Recipe with Sea Salt
By Karen Keb | Jan 11, 2021
2 to 3 dozen
- 12 ounces crunchy peanut butter
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 pound confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- Flaked sea salt
- In large bowl, mix together peanut butter, butter, confectioner’s sugar and vanilla. (This is most efficiently done using your hands, the world’s best utensils.)
- Roll into 1-ounce balls (use kitchen scale to approximate size) and place on cookie sheets lined with wax paper. Place sheets in freezer for 1 hour.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler or microwave.
- Using spoon, dunk truffle into chocolate and roll around to coat all sides.
- Using same spoon, lift it from chocolate, allow excess to drip off, and roll it onto clean spoon and then onto baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Have a helper immediately sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on top. You’ll have to work quickly and carefully for the best results.
- Cool truffles for several hours before disturbing.
Chocolate truffles are a treat, usually reserved for gift-giving occasions. Making them yourself is remarkably easy, and when you put a little care into the process, they will look and taste every bit as good as the chocolatier version. These truffles qualify as dangerous, so be careful when sampling. The pinch of sea salt pushes these truffles over the top.
The Very Best Chocolate Recipes