Polaris Introduces New Off-Road Vehicle
Experience off-road riding in a whole new way with the Polaris Sportsman® ACE. This first of- its-kind vehicle features a completely new design that makes off-road riding approachable, easy and fun.
The Sportsman ACE is sit-in vehicle that is comfortable and easy to use. Automotive type controls make Sportsman ACE perfect for novice or experienced riders. The Sportsman ACE combines the comfort and secure feeling of a side-by-side vehicle with the smaller size and easy handling of an All-Terrain Vehicle (ATV). Combining these two styles gives riders of all experience levels a completely new way to experience the outdoors.
“The Sportsman ACE is truly revolutionary,” says said David Longren, vice president of Polaris’ Off-Road Division. “In creating this new class of vehicle, we wanted a design that appeals to current off-road enthusiasts, and also makes off-road riding easy and fun for everyone to enjoy.”
Innovative features of the new Sportsman ACE include:
• Automotive style operation with steering wheel, gas/brake pedals and automatic transmission
• A unique ROPS cab frame only previously found on side-by-sides.
• A secure, high-backed, adjustable bucket seat paired with an adjustable steering wheel to give the driver unmatched flexibility when it comes to comfort.
• 3-point seat belt and side bolsters to keep the operator properly positioned in the center of the machine.
• On-Demand True All-Wheel Drive (AWD) – This innovative system, found on all Polaris Off-Road Vehicles, eliminates the guesswork by automatically engaging when the rider needs more forward traction and then reverts back to two-wheel drive automatically when the AWD is no longer needed.
• An all-new 32 horsepower ProStar™ Electronic Fuel Injected (EFI) Engine with 5.25 gal/19.87 liter fuel tank provides the vehicle with excellent fuel range for long trail rides.
• Fully independent rear suspension (IRS) with 10.25 in/26.04 cm of ground clearance and 9.5 in/24.1 cm of rear travel let you clear rocks, logs and stumps with confidence
• Assured stopping power from the linked, four-wheel disc brakes with braided stainless steel brake lines that provide optimum response.
• Powerful halogen lighting so the fun doesn’t stop when the sun goes down.
• Plenty of storage space with an integrated 2.8 gal/10.6 liter semi-dry, front storage compartment and a high-capacity Lock & Ride® cargo box with rack extenders and rear tie-down rails.
Polaris will also offer more than 25 accessories for Sportsman ACE including: doors, winches, cabs and storage options to customize and personalize your machine. The new Sportsman ACE is available exclusively in White Lightning color. Look for it at authorized Polaris dealers starting at around $7,499 USD.
Polaris is a recognized leader in the powersports industry with annual 2013 sales of $3.8 billion. Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high quality off-road vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER® and RZR® side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, motorcycles and on-road electric/hybrid powered vehicles.
Polaris is among the global sales leaders for both snowmobiles and off-road vehicles and has established a presence in the heavyweight cruiser and touring motorcycle market with the Victory and Indian Motorcycle brands. Additionally, Polaris continues to invest in the global on-road small electric/hybrid powered vehicle industry with Global Electric Motorcars (GEM), Goupil Industrie SA, Aixam Mega S.A.S., and internally developed vehicles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Polaris Engineered parts, accessories and apparel and Klim branded apparel.
Polaris Industries Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “PII”, and the Company is included in the S&P Mid-Cap 400 stock price index.
Information about the complete line of Polaris products, apparel and vehicle accessories are available from authorized Polaris dealers or anytime online.
This press release is presented without editing for your information. GRIT Magazine does not recommend, approve or endorse the products and/or services offered. You should use your own judgment and evaluate products and services carefully before deciding to purchase.
Lawn Mower Safety Tips
Lawn mower safety tips to remember when using an electric lawn mower, a push lawn mower and a riding lawn mower.
The Bushcraft Guide to Hunting Tools
When hunting for wild game, consider gun age, chamber and barrel length, choke, rounds, reloading spent shells and taking the shot.
How to Sharpen All Knives
Learn how to sharpen serrated and non-serrated knives, what tools to sharpen them with and the technique used to achieve the finest of edges.