Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake Recipe
1 hr 10 min
- 1/4 cup whole raw cashews
- 1/4 cup vanilla, pumpkin, or cinnamon protein powder
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup packed pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 2/3 cup stevia
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prep two 9-inch cake pans by greasing with coconut oil or spraying with baking spray.
- Process the cashews in a food processor until they resemble a coarse meal. Then add in and blend all of the ingredients for the cake together in the food processor.
- Divide the cake batter evenly between the two cake pans and bake for 30 to 35 minutes on the center rack until springy in the center and slightly browned. Place the pans on wire racks to cool for about 10 minutes before gently removing to fully cool on the rack.
- In a blender or food processor, thoroughly combine all of the ingredients for the cream cheese frosting.
- If the cake is cooled completely and the frosting is at room temperature, you can frost the tops of the cakes right away, and layer one on top of the other.
- Serve immediately or cover well and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
More from Protein Powder Cooking:Protein Powder Cooking...Beyond the Shake: 200 Delicious Recipes to Supercharge Every Dish with Whey, Soy, Casein and More by Courtney Nielsen © 2016 Ulysses Press.
In Protein Powder Cooking…Beyond the Shake: 200 Delicious Recipes to Supercharge Every Dish with Whey, Soy, Casein and More, Courtney Nielsen demonstrates that protein powder isn’t just for shakes. Readers can create quick-and-easy protein packed meals, snacks, and desserts with 200 recipes that incorporate protein powder into them. If you’ve been looking for ways to add more protein to your diet and still enjoy tasty foods, this book is perfect for you. The following excerpt is from Chapter 10, “Cupcakes, Cakes, and Frostings.”
This recipe tastes like moist, yummy pumpkin cake, but is far lower in carbs and higher in protein than any other moist, yummy pumpkin cake!
Nutrition Per Slice (without frosting):
- 162 calories
- 13 g fat
- 7 g carbs
- 2 g fiber
- 6 g protein