Mandarin Orange Spinach Salad Recipe
Yesterday I was craving something cool, sweet, and tangy. I began tossing things into my shopping cart at the grocery store, and this is what I came up with.
This salad is sweet, tangy, and has a satisfying crunch, too.
Here’s what you’ll need to create a delicious summer salad.
Mandarin Pecan Spinach Salad
• 1 bag of prewashed baby spinach
• A bottle of Ken’s Strawberry Vinaigrette salad dressing
• 1 15-ounce can of mandarin oranges, drained
• 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
• 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
1. Place the spinach greens into a large salad bowl.
2. Drizzle the leaves with a few tablespoons of salad dressing. Take it easy. You can always add more later, but you don’t want the dressing to overwhelm the flavors of the salad as a whole.
3. Toss the salad to lightly coat all the leaves.
4. Scatter the mandarin oranges across the top of the salad.
5. Top with pecans, and finally, sprinkle sesame seeds over everything.
6. Serve immediately.
Persimmons: Sweet as Pie
Plant persimmon trees in zones 4 to 9 and harvest sweet fruit for delicious recipes of cupcakes, custard pies, sweet breads, iced cookies.
Leavened and Unleavened Flatbread with Recipes
Learn the history behind flatbread and try your hands at making leavened and unleavened fresh flatbread recipes in no time.
Red Fife Double Chocolate Cookies
Sift red fife heritage wheat flour before measuring to ensure the correct amount and air is incorporating into the double chocolate cookies.