Mandarin Orange Spinach Salad Recipe
By April Freeman | Jul 28, 2016
Yesterday I was craving something cool, sweet, and tangy. I began tossing things into my shopping cart at the grocery store, and this is what I came up with.
This salad is sweet, tangy, and has a satisfying crunch, too.
Here’s what you’ll need to create a delicious summer salad.
Mandarin Pecan Spinach Salad
• 1 bag of prewashed baby spinach
• A bottle of Ken’s Strawberry Vinaigrette salad dressing
• 1 15-ounce can of mandarin oranges, drained
• 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
• 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
1. Place the spinach greens into a large salad bowl.
2. Drizzle the leaves with a few tablespoons of salad dressing. Take it easy. You can always add more later, but you don’t want the dressing to overwhelm the flavors of the salad as a whole.
3. Toss the salad to lightly coat all the leaves.
4. Scatter the mandarin oranges across the top of the salad.
5. Top with pecans, and finally, sprinkle sesame seeds over everything.
6. Serve immediately.
Create a Home Canning Pantry That Works for You
If you’re anything like me you might be somewhat limited on your space. We have six people and live in a 1,500-square-foot home. I’m not complaining one bit about its size but sometimes, I do need to get creative when it comes to storing home canned foods and my canning supplies. If this is the […]
Grill Outside the Box
Sear up savory vegetable and bread dishes that go beyond traditional grill grub.
Seek Chanterelles in Summertime
Morels aren’t the only treasure available to mushroom lovers! Expand your foraging to include chanterelles, and savor their flavor in these recipes.