Mandarin Orange Spinach Salad Recipe
By April Freeman | Jul 28, 2016
Yesterday I was craving something cool, sweet, and tangy. I began tossing things into my shopping cart at the grocery store, and this is what I came up with.
This salad is sweet, tangy, and has a satisfying crunch, too.
Here’s what you’ll need to create a delicious summer salad.
Mandarin Pecan Spinach Salad
• 1 bag of prewashed baby spinach
• A bottle of Ken’s Strawberry Vinaigrette salad dressing
• 1 15-ounce can of mandarin oranges, drained
• 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
• 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
1. Place the spinach greens into a large salad bowl.
2. Drizzle the leaves with a few tablespoons of salad dressing. Take it easy. You can always add more later, but you don’t want the dressing to overwhelm the flavors of the salad as a whole.
3. Toss the salad to lightly coat all the leaves.
4. Scatter the mandarin oranges across the top of the salad.
5. Top with pecans, and finally, sprinkle sesame seeds over everything.
6. Serve immediately.
Double-Dipped Fried Chicken Strips
I love fried chicken. It’s the epitome of comfort food. Pair it with mashed potatoes and my heart soars. Maybe I’m the only one who suffers this affliction, but when I eat fried chicken, I am clumsy and incredibly ungraceful about the bones. I always end up biting one, poking my hand with one or […]
Roast Beef Wrap with Mushrooms Recipe
MAIN STORY Leftover Recipes Become the Cook’s Best Friend Leftover roast beef offers a quick and easy solution with a hearty and healthy roast beef wrap recipe with mushrooms when you’re short on time or just don’t feel like cooking.
Fried Morel Mushroom Recipe
More of Annie’s wild edible plant recipes: Take the Family Foraging for Wild Edible Plants