Green Beans With Chervil
Brrr … the mornings are getting brisk here in Calgary! We’ve been under a frost warning for the past couple of nights, and the vegetable garden is nearly finished for the year. One of my best performing herbs this gardening season has been chervil. If you’re not familiar with this pretty, feathery-leaved herb, it tastes a bit like anise and it’s a perfect complement to fresh green beans in this recipe.
Green Beans with Chervil
• 4 cups green beans, ends trimmed
• 1/4 cup fresh chervil leaves, chopped
• 1 tablespoon sesame oil
• 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Steam the green beans with water in a rice cooker or in a saucepan.
2. Drain the water from the beans, and place them in a large bowl.
3. Top with the other ingredients. Mix well and serve immediately.
Persimmons: Sweet as Pie
Plant persimmon trees in zones 4 to 9 and harvest sweet fruit for delicious recipes of cupcakes, custard pies, sweet breads, iced cookies.
Leavened and Unleavened Flatbread with Recipes
Learn the history behind flatbread and try your hands at making leavened and unleavened fresh flatbread recipes in no time.
Red Fife Double Chocolate Cookies
Sift red fife heritage wheat flour before measuring to ensure the correct amount and air is incorporating into the double chocolate cookies.