Green Beans With Chervil
Brrr … the mornings are getting brisk here in Calgary! We’ve been under a frost warning for the past couple of nights, and the vegetable garden is nearly finished for the year. One of my best performing herbs this gardening season has been chervil. If you’re not familiar with this pretty, feathery-leaved herb, it tastes a bit like anise and it’s a perfect complement to fresh green beans in this recipe.
Green Beans with Chervil
• 4 cups green beans, ends trimmed
• 1/4 cup fresh chervil leaves, chopped
• 1 tablespoon sesame oil
• 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Steam the green beans with water in a rice cooker or in a saucepan.
2. Drain the water from the beans, and place them in a large bowl.
3. Top with the other ingredients. Mix well and serve immediately.
Butterscotch Pie Recipe with a Lard Crust
Use lard to make the perfect pie crust for a sweet butterscotch meringue pie.
Mulberry Muffins Recipe
Try these delicious and easy-to-make mulberry muffins, whether for breakfast or a snack.
Mulberry Scones Recipe
Make these easy and flavorful scones bursting with mulberries.