Easy French Bread
By Lee Ann Perez | Apr 28, 2015
This is one of our favorite breads – easy to make, and so delicious with a salad or soup. Try it and enjoy!
French Bread from One Ash Farm Recipes
1 1/4 cup warm water
1 1/2 teaspoon active dry yeast (buy yeast in bulk here)
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon sea salt
3 cups flour
1 egg, beaten, for egg wash
Cornmeal (to sprinkle on pan) (buy cornmeal in bulk here)
1. Whisk together water, yeast and sugar until dissolved. Add salt and flour; mix thoroughly. (Dough should not be too sticky, add some more flour if needed.)
2. Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead for 6 to 8 minutes.
3. Place in bowl, cover with kitchen towel and leave to rise for 30 minutes.
4. Return dough to floured surface, and divide into two parts. Roll each part into rectangle about the size of a piece of paper (8 1/2 by 11 inches). Roll out each piece of dough, sealing seam and pinching/poking in ends.
5. Lightly grease baking sheet and sprinkle lightly with cornmeal. Place both rolled up loaves on baking sheet and leave to rise for another 30 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 375 F. Brush each loaf with egg wash and slash tops in 4 places with serrated knife.
7. Bake for 20 minutes and cool prior to slicing.
Create a Home Canning Pantry That Works for You
If you’re anything like me you might be somewhat limited on your space. We have six people and live in a 1,500-square-foot home. I’m not complaining one bit about its size but sometimes, I do need to get creative when it comes to storing home canned foods and my canning supplies. If this is the […]
Grill Outside the Box
Sear up savory vegetable and bread dishes that go beyond traditional grill grub.
Seek Chanterelles in Summertime
Morels aren’t the only treasure available to mushroom lovers! Expand your foraging to include chanterelles, and savor their flavor in these recipes.