Chewy Chocolate Brownie Recipe
By Kristi Cook | Nov 19, 2020
Rich, chewy brownies are easy to make from scratch, and blending or mashing frozen eggs keeps the final treat free of yellow flecks of undissolved yolk. Photo by Kristi Cook.
Any frozen eggs may be used in this recipe. Completely thaw eggs in the refrigerator. If using whole frozen eggs, mash or blend yolks to minimize yellow flecks.
Yields 12 brownies.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large frozen eggs, thawed
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly oil a 9-by-13-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Add oil and eggs, and mix until thoroughly blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the middle is soft but not squishy. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Learn how to store seasonal bounty for later in How to Preserve Surplus Eggs.
Create a Home Canning Pantry That Works for You
If you’re anything like me you might be somewhat limited on your space. We have six people and live in a 1,500-square-foot home. I’m not complaining one bit about its size but sometimes, I do need to get creative when it comes to storing home canned foods and my canning supplies. If this is the […]
Grill Outside the Box
Sear up savory vegetable and bread dishes that go beyond traditional grill grub.
Seek Chanterelles in Summertime
Morels aren’t the only treasure available to mushroom lovers! Expand your foraging to include chanterelles, and savor their flavor in these recipes.