Enjoy winter squash in all of your favorite recipes by learning how to select the best vegetables and prepare them for friends and family. These squash are healthy and loaded with nutrients and have a more dense texture than summer squash making them ideal for soups, stews and other recipes perfect for the colder months.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded delicata squash
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in cheese. Add squash and milk, and mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat. When the oil is hot, carefully drop in 1/10 of the batter. Repeat 2 or 3 more times, until the skillet is full but not crowded.
- Fry for 2 to 3 minutes, then flip and continue frying for another 1 to 2 minutes, or until nicely browned.
- Remove fried fritters from the skillet and place on paper towels to dry. Repeat with remaining batter.