Honey BBQ Shredded Pork Recipe
By Jean Teller
For a sweet and savory picnic treat, try this honey BBQ shredded pork recipe with crusty rolls or warm tortillas.
8 to 10 servings
- 1 pork shoulder, picnic roast (fat removed), or 3 to 4 pounds turkey legs
- 1 1/4 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey (we suggest dark honey)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 to 10 crusty rolls or flour tortillas
- Heat oven to 300°F.
- In 9-by-13-inch pan, combine all ingredients except rolls. Cover with foil and roast for 3 to 3 1/2 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Shred meat using two forks, removing all bones and skin. Stir shredded meat back into sauce in pan. Serve on crusty rolls or in warmed flour tortillas.
Summer Picnic Recipes Worthy of an Important Gathering