Life Lessons Learned at the Country Feed Store
By Kristen Davenport | Sep 1, 2006
Homesteaders know they can find just about everything they need to get by when it comes to the country feed store.
From feed for your livestock to tools to hard-working apparel to friendly homesteaders who’ll not think twice about saying hello or giving you free advice. Everything I ever needed to know I learned at the country feed store.
- WD-40 and duct tape can fix anything 95 percent of the time.
- Nothing smells better than new leather gloves.
- Apparel bought at a feed store has character.
- There are 101 uses for burlap bags.
- Barcodes and scanners are overrated.
- Scales are functional works of art.
- Children love bins full of shiny nails and must be watched like hawks.
- A guy in a seed cap usually knows the skinny in town.
- Credit doesn’t have anything to do with plastic.
Tips for Getting Started in Beekeeping (Video)
Our friends at Brushy Mountain Bee Farm offer some helpful tips and tricks to help you get your hive buzzing.
Beekeeping for Beginners: Common-Sense Guide to Bee Safety
It’s common bee safety knowledge that bees are defensive by nature, so don’t set off their warning bells is one beekeeping for beginners tip.
Guide to Beekeeping: Bees’ Rules
Follow these beekeeping tips for selecting the right bees for your goals.