Chicken Paillards With Porcini-Cider Sauce Recipe
For an easy weeknight meal, try Chicken Paillards With Porcini-Cider Sauce. Chicken “paillards” are simply chicken breast halves, flattened to enlarge in diameter and to ensure even cooking. Served over rice or couscous, the delicious sauce is further absorbed.
Quick and Easy Fall Chicken Recipes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded thin
- 2 ounces dried porcini mushrooms, reconstituted in 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme leaves, plus more for garnish
- Heat oven 200°F.
- In shallow bowl, mix together flour, salt and pepper.
- Dredge each chicken paillard in flour, shaking off excess.
- Strain reconstituted porcinis, saving liquid.
- Chop porcinis and set aside.
- In large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Transfer to ovenproof plate and keep warm in oven.
- Add remaining oil to pan over medium heat.
- Add shallot and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Increase heat to high and add balsamic vinegar, porcini liquid and apple cider.
- Stir to incorporate any browned bits from bottom of pan, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low. Add mushrooms and thyme to sauce. Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes, or until sauce has reduced and thickened slightly.
- To serve, place one chicken paillard on each of four plates and top with 1/4 of the porcini-cider sauce. Garnish with additional thyme sprigs before serving. Yields 4 servings.
Tips for Transporting Livestock from a Veterinarian
If you breed livestock on your farm, sooner or later some of those critters are going to need to leave the property. Whether for shows or sales, building your reputation as a producer of good stock means getting them where others will see them. So let’s cover the basics of moving livestock off the farm […]
DIY Chigger Bite Relief
Get rid of the maddening itch of chigger bites with one of these easy remedies.
Era of the Southern Hog
Guinea hogs are a rare heritage livestock breed, smaller than commercial pigs, and a landrace, native to the southern United Stated