Potato Corn Chowder Recipe With Cheddar Cheese
SIMPLE STEW AND SOUP RECIPES:
10 Homemade Stew and Soup Recipes for Fall and Winter
- 3 medium potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- 3 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, or 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, place potatoes, water, bay leaf and 1/4 teaspoon salt; boil until potatoes are barely tender.
- In a medium skillet, sauté onion in oil until tender and nearly transparent.
- Add a few tablespoons of water if onions begin to stick.
- Add flour and mix thoroughly. Add milk gradually, stirring constantly.
- Pour mixture slowly into cooked potatoes and water.
- Stir in corn and add cumin, chives, parsley, nutmeg, pepper and remaining salt.
- Simmer over very low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Add cheddar cheese and stir until completely melted.
- Serve immediately.
Honey-Infused Beverage Recipes
Honey-infused drinks from soda to switchel beverages for beekeepers and lovers, natural antioxidants, throat soothing, good for guts, delicious.
Plum Kuchen Recipe
Theresa Wagner, Madison, Wisconsin, offers a Plum Kuchen Recipe that works for breakfast or dessert.
Kuku Sabzi Recipe
Make this beautiful and tangy Iranian dish with light herbs, garlic, zereshk and hold it all together with eggs.