Minestrone Soup Recipe
By Renee Pottle
Photo by Unsplash/Pichara Bann
Store this mix in a zip-close bag, or layer in a Mason jar to make an attractive gift.
Yield: 2 to 3 servings.
- 1 cup cooked and dehydrated kidney beans
- 1/3 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated garden peas
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated carrots
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chicken or vegetable
- bouillon powder
1. Layer kidney beans, macaroni, peas, tomatoes, carrots, and onion in a pint Mason jar.
2. Combine remaining ingredients in a small zip-close bag. Seal bag, and place on top of soup mixture.
3. To prepare, add all ingredients to a large saucepan with 6 cups water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until beans and macaroni are tender. Add more water if desired. Serve topped with grated cheese.
Check out more tasty recipes using dehydrated foods here!
Renee Pottle writes about food preservation and gardening from her home in Kennewick, Washington. She’s the author of Creative Jams and Preserves and The Confident Canner.
Persimmons: Sweet as Pie
Plant persimmon trees in zones 4 to 9 and harvest sweet fruit for delicious recipes of cupcakes, custard pies, sweet breads, iced cookies.
Leavened and Unleavened Flatbread with Recipes
Learn the history behind flatbread and try your hands at making leavened and unleavened fresh flatbread recipes in no time.
Red Fife Double Chocolate Cookies
Sift red fife heritage wheat flour before measuring to ensure the correct amount and air is incorporating into the double chocolate cookies.