Carrot Cake Fruit Leather
Inspired by my mom’s famous carrot cake, I came up with this yummy, carrot cake, fruit leather recipe. It’s got the sweetness, spice, and textures of a classic carrot cake without all the calories, and it’s totally transportable. It’s a great snack and a great gift. Your house will smell fantastic, too!
Carrot Cake Fruit Leather Recipe:
Prep: 20 min
Dehydrator Time: 8-12 hours (depending on your machine or if you use your oven instead)
• 1 20oz can crushed pineapple
• 1 cup steamed and pureed carrots
• 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
• 1/4 cup raisins
• 1/4 cup maple syrup
1. Combine pineapple, coconut, walnuts, raisins, and maple syrup. Pulse in a food processor about five times. Return to bowl.
2. Stir in pureed carrots.
3. Spread mixture 1/4-inch thick onto the fruit roll-up trays that go with your dehydrator. Dehydrate according to your machine’s directions for fruit leather, typically 8 hours, or until fruit leather is no longer shiny or tacky.
1. Preheat the oven to 150 F.
2. Spread the mixture onto a silpat on a cookie sheet 1/4-inch thick for up to 12 hours, until fruit leather is no longer shiny or tacky.
3. Cut finished fruit leather with a pizza cutter and roll it up with waxed paper. Enjoy!
Rachel is a gardener, beekeeper, wife & mother of three wild and crazy boys, and lover of all things homesteading. Visit greenpromisegrows.com to see more!
Turmeric Switchel Recipe
Try this refreshing spin on the classic switchel recipe. Add turmeric for a beautiful boost of color and flavor!
My Family’s Favorite Classic Switchel Recipe
Try this classic switchel recipe! It’s sure to be one of your family’s favorites too.
Pioneer Switchel Recipe
Make this simple but refreshing switchel to keep hydrated on a warm day!