Homemade Beef Stew Recipe With Wild Mushrooms
SIMPLE STEW AND SOUP RECIPES:
10 Homemade Stew and Soup Recipes for Fall and Winter
- 2 pounds stew beef, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed thyme leaves
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound red potatoes, 1 1/2-inch diameter, cut into quarters
- 8 ounces assorted fresh mushrooms, such as shiitake, cremini and oyster, cut into quarters
- 1 cup baby carrots
- Fresh parsley, optional
- Place beef in 4 1/2- to 5 1/2-quart slow-cooker.
- In small bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Sprinkle over beef in slow-cooker, and toss to coat.
- In another small bowl, combine broth, tomato paste, wine and garlic; mix well.
- Pour over beef mixture. Add potatoes, mushrooms and carrots, and mix well.
- Cover and cook on high for 5 to 6 hours or on low for 8 to 9 hours, or until beef and vegetables are tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking).
- Stir well. Garnish with parsley, if desired, and serve hot. Yields 6 (1 1/2-cup) servings.
Honey-Infused Beverage Recipes
Honey-infused drinks from soda to switchel beverages for beekeepers and lovers, natural antioxidants, throat soothing, good for guts, delicious.
Plum Kuchen Recipe
Theresa Wagner, Madison, Wisconsin, offers a Plum Kuchen Recipe that works for breakfast or dessert.
Kuku Sabzi Recipe
Make this beautiful and tangy Iranian dish with light herbs, garlic, zereshk and hold it all together with eggs.