This Dried Corn Soup recipe will help you use up your excess garden produce.
- 2 cups dried corn
- 1/4 pound lean salt pork
- 2 medium onions, chopped fine
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 quart milk
- Soak corn overnight in enough salt water to cover.
- In the morning, simmer corn in that same water until kernels are tender, adding a little water if needed.
- Dice salt pork and fry in skillet until golden brown. Add onions and pepper.
- Add corn; then add milk and heat until good and hot. An old-time recipe.
Find a corn cutter and more in our Kitchen Tools.