Dried Corn Soup Recipe
This Dried Corn Soup recipe will help you use up your excess garden produce.
- 2 cups dried corn
- 1/4 pound lean salt pork
- 2 medium onions, chopped fine
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 quart milk
- Soak corn overnight in enough salt water to cover.
- In the morning, simmer corn in that same water until kernels are tender, adding a little water if needed.
- Dice salt pork and fry in skillet until golden brown. Add onions and pepper.
- Add corn; then add milk and heat until good and hot. An old-time recipe.
Find a corn cutter and more in our Kitchen Tools.
Grow Winter Greens with Indoor Lettuce and Radish
Growing baby greens indoors during winter can stave off seasonal blues while giving cut-and-come-again harvests.
Considerations for Trail-Building on Your Rural Property
The best homemade trails have gravel, support structures, and a way to curb weed growth. These considerations will make for great rural property trails.
Learn how you can add buckwheat to your crop rotation to enhance your soil, feed your livestock, and reap a hefty honey harvest.