Dried Corn Soup Recipe
By Terri Schlichenmeyer | Jan 6, 2021
This Dried Corn Soup recipe will help you use up your excess garden produce.
- 2 cups dried corn
- 1/4 pound lean salt pork
- 2 medium onions, chopped fine
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 quart milk
- Soak corn overnight in enough salt water to cover.
- In the morning, simmer corn in that same water until kernels are tender, adding a little water if needed.
- Dice salt pork and fry in skillet until golden brown. Add onions and pepper.
- Add corn; then add milk and heat until good and hot. An old-time recipe.
Find a corn cutter and more in our Kitchen Tools.
Beekeeping for Beginners: Common-Sense Guide to Bee Safety
It’s common bee safety knowledge that bees are defensive by nature, so don’t set off their warning bells is one beekeeping for beginners tip.
From One Novice Farmer to Another: Questions to Answer Before Beginning Farming
Bush hogging a field with the dog guarding Photo by Bradley Rankin Have you been thinking lately about taking the plunge and buying or leasing a small farm? If the answer is yes, then I would like to share with you my experiences since 2018 for finding, purchasing, and developing our 48-acre Kentucky farm. Learn […]
Growing Wheat in Our Garden
Small-scale wheat production can yield a delicious, bountiful harvest, and sprout a satisfaction from making your own homegrown bread.