- 1 box orange deluxe cake mix
- 1 box lemon instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 can (10 ounces) Crush orange soda
- 1 small can crushed pineapple and juice
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well-beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 small can coconut
- For the cake, put all ingredients in mixer bowl and mix well. Bake in 3 well-greased and floured cake pans at 325°F for 30 minutes.
- For the icing, combine all ingredients except coconut and cook until thick. When cool, add coconut and mix well.
- Spread icing between cake layers and on the top and sides.
Esther Breeden, Willow Springs, Missouri, writes that she received a pamphlet of recipes when she married in 1965, and the booklet included a recipe for Orange Soda Pop Cake. The booklet was called Kitchen-Klatter, and it was published in Iowa. The recipe has been lost, and she’d like to bake the cake again for her family.
Genevieve Sullivan, Orangevale, California, hopes this is the recipe Esther is looking for; it’s from the website Cooks.com. Genevieve lives in an appropriate location for an Orange Soda Pop Cake recipe, don’t you think?
GRIT Recipe Box: January/February 2012