Chevron Products Company (a Chevron U.S.A. Inc. division), maker of the Delo® brand of technologically advanced engine oils, lubricants and coolants, today crowned Ryan Haass of the Devine FFA Champion of the 2012 Delo Tractor Restoration Competition for his restoration of a 1970 Case 1070. The Devine, TX entrant was one of twelve finalists invited to Indianapolis to participate in this year’s competition. The national event, which delivers the coveted teen tractor restoration title, took place during the 85th National FFA (Future Farmers of America) Convention in Indianapolis this week. As Champion, Ryan Haass receives a $10,000 prize. Ryan Haass is only the second person in the competition’s history to win first place two years in a row.
Colin Graff of the Hondo FFA from Hondo, TX was voted Reserve Champion for his restoration of a 1950 John Deere A and received a prize of $5,000. Third place was awarded to Matt Mahler of the Iowa Park FFA from Iowa Park, TX for his restoration of a 1955 Ford 850 and received $3,000.
Box Elder FFA of Brigham City, UT was voted the winner of the Best Video competition with over 70,000 votes. Each team member will receive a Kindle Fire®*.
“The Delo Tractor Restoration Competition is an annual tradition, which represents the ambition and passion of America’s youth,” said Channing Reeder, indirect channel marketing specialist, Chevron Products Company. “The program offers a tremendous learning opportunity for participants to work with their teachers, family, friends and community in order to accomplish a restoration project many would never think possible. Chevron continues to be impressed with the level of commitment and innovation exhibited by all the competitors and is proud to support their continued educational and professional endeavors.”
2012 Delo Tractor Restoration Competition Team finalists include:
- Box Elder FFA: Brigham City, Utah – 1948 Allis Chalmers W Speed Patrol
- Brazos FFA: Wallis, Texas – 1978 John Deere 4440
- Devine FFA: Devine, Texas – 1970 Case 1070
- Dubiski Career High School: Grand Prairie, Texas – 1956 John Deere 420
- Eufaula FFA: Eufaula, Alabama –1951 Massey Harris 30
- Hondo FFA: Hondo, Texas – 1950 John Deere A
- Iowa Park FFA: Iowa Park, Texas – 1955 Ford 850
- Melrose-Mindoro FFA: Melrose, Wisconsin – 1949 Allis Chalmers WD
- Newton FFA: Newton, Kansas – 1947 Oliver 70 Industrial
- Northwood FFA: Nappanee, Indiana – 1957 Farmall 450
- Paso Robles High School: Paso Robles, California – 1935 Allis Chalmers Model M
- Rogers FFA: Rogers, Texas – 1955 Oliver Super 77
This press release is presented without editing for your information. GRIT does not recommend, approve or endorse the products and/or services offered. You should use your own judgment and evaluate products and services carefully before deciding to purchase.