The world needs young people to grow into strong, scientifically literate environmental stewards. Learning gardens are great places to build this knowledge, yet until now there has been a lack of a multigrade curriculum for schoolwide teaching aimed at fostering a connection with the Earth.
The School Garden Curriculum offers a unique and comprehensive framework, enabling students to grow their knowledge throughout the school year and build on it from kindergarten to eighth grade. From seasonal garden activities to inquiry projects and science-skill building, children will develop organic gardening solutions, a positive land ethic, systems thinking, and instincts for ecological stewardship.
The book offers:
• A complete K-8 schoolwide framework
• Over 200 engaging, weekly lesson plans
• Place-based activities, immersive learning, and hands-on activities
• Integration of science, critical thinking, permaculture, and life skills
• Links to Next Generation Science Standards
• Further resources and information sources
A model and guide for all educators, The School Garden Curriculum is the complete package for any school wishing to use ecosystem perspectives, science, and permaculture to connect children to positive land ethics, personal responsibility, and wonder, while building vital lifelong skills.
Note: For owners of the book, worksheets are available for free download at https://tinyurl.com/SGC-Worksheets.
Item Number: 9752
Author: Kaci Rae Christopher