Whether you're a first-time homeowner, dedicated gardener, or landscape professional, if you're gardening on the Gulf Coast, you need Howard Garrett's Plants for Houston and the Gulf Coast. Garrett is one of Texas's top organic gardening experts, and gardeners rely on him for accurate, sensible advice about what to plant and how to maintain healthy yards and landscapes without synthetic fertilizers and toxic pesticides. In Plants for Houston and the Gulf Coast, Garrett presents nearly 400 plants, both native and adapted, that grow well in Southeast Texas.
Like all of Howard Garrett's books, Plants for Houston and the Gulf Coast is loaded with indispensable gardening information:
- Nearly 400 trees, shrubs, groundcovers and vines, annuals and perennials, and grasses
- 400 full-color, close-up photos of the plants
- Expert information about each plant's appearance, growing requirements, landscape uses, potential problems, and other interesting facts
- Precise, easy-to-follow instructions about how to design a garden, prepare the soil, install trees and other plants, grow grass and control weeds, and maintain the landscape and control pests
- A detailed gardening calendar for Southeast Texas that lists specific plants to plant and maintenance tasks to perform each month
No other book currently available provides such extensive and reliable information for Texas Gulf Coast gardeners.