Make the most of the fall season with the help this guide offers! You will find out how to grow your best fall garden, taking advantage of the cooler temperatures that will make your vegetables taste crisp and sweet. If you protect your vegetables, you can continue harvesting fresh, crisp produce through several fall and winter months! Speaking of cooler temperatures, choose the best wood-burning stove for your home with the expert advice contained in this guide, and find the best firewood types for your needs!
Other articles include:
• Eight easy projects for instant energy savings – Implement these inexpensive strategies to reduce your carbon footprint and slash your energy bills.
• Choose Fermented foods for health and flavor – Humans have used fermentation for centuries to preserve food. Today, we know that fermentation also makes some foods more nutritious.
• Outdoor root cellars – Try these five ways to store fresh food for winter right in your garden.
• Brew your own beer – Home brewing is kettles of fun, and it’s the perfect way to make your own uniquely flavored, affordable drinks.
• Sweet cider roundup – Make delicious cider with this advice on the best apples and how to press them.
• Emergency power options – With the right generator, you’ll be prepared when storms or blackouts leave you without electricity.
Author: MOTHER EARTH NEWS EDITORS
Item Number: 8407