Mother Earth News Self-Reliance & Homestead Set Vol. 2, live self-sufficiently with the help of these three premium issues from MOTHER EARTH NEWS! Ditch the store-bought and pre-made life, and live off the land with these guides, each featuring more than 100 pages of content. With this special package, you’ll receive :
MOTHER EARTH NEWS PREMIUM: MODERN HOMESTEADING SPRING
Modern Homesteading features more than 25 articles that cover off-grid living, easy food gardens, solar heating plans, preserving food, and much more.
Read how to start a no-dig, easy-care bag garden that produces 25 favorite food crops. Discover how to make a food self-sufficiency plan by estimating how much to grow or buy, and learn how to achieve food security with the help of our handy charts and guidelines. With this guide’s help, keep bees and produce fresh, delicious honey in your own backyard. Make your own herbal medicine by finding ingredients for many basic herbal remedies.
Other articles include:
• Easy, No-Knead Crusty Bread: Bake crispy, gorgeous loaves from scratch using this simple technique. All you need are a few ingredients and a blazing-hot Dutch oven for miraculous results.
• Five DIY, Low-Cost, and Multipurpose Greenhouses: Use recycled materials to create an affordable garden greenhouse so you can enjoy fresh food all year long!
• Emergency Power Options: With the right generator, you’ll be prepared when storms or blackouts leave you without electricity.
• Backyard Chicken Basics: They’re less work than house pets and more fun than a tire swing. Plus, they provide delicious, nutritious eggs.
• How to Make Yogurt, Kefir, and Cheese: Tap the health benefits of rich, tangy fermented milk products.
MOTHER EARTH NEWS PREMIUM: SELF-RELIANCE AND COUNTRY SKILLS
Turn your dreams of country living into a reality! The MOTHER EARTH NEWS Guide to Self-Reliance and Country Skills offers more than 100 pages of beneficial articles that will assist anyone wanting to live a more self-sufficient life. Nothing compares to the feeling of enjoying a meal that was raised and grown on your own land … no matter if it’s just the delicious preserves from your garden or the entire feast. This guide also features great articles on the best staple crops for building food self-sufficiency; simple seed starting; and small-space gardening! You can even learn how to brew your own beer!
More articles include:
• 27 All-Time Best Tips for Living on Less: Mother Earth News readers share their tips for wiser living.
• Start a Self-Sufficient, 1-Acre Homestead: Live off the land with these strategies for establishing self-sufficient food production, including advice on crop rotations and raising livestock.
• Cast No Aspersions on Cast Iron: Learn how to use old-fashioned cookware to its greatest advantage.
• The No-Mortgage Natural Cottage: From treehouses to tiny homes on wheels, a no-mortgage shelter can help you eschew expensive rent and debt.
• Want Milk? Get Goats: Dairy goats can supply your family with milk inexpensively.
• Make Your Own Herbal Medicine: To find ingredients for many basic herbal remedies, you often need to look no further than your own backyard.
MOTHER EARTH NEWS PREMIUM: SELF-SUFFICIENT LIVING
Will teach you all about saving money with a do-it-yourself lifestyle. This issue features more than 100 pages of articles that cover recipes, livestock, gardens, and more!
Read all about planning a garden, community reliance, or saving money on groceries. Learn how to raise chickens for meat, maximize space in your garden, or build your own wind generator. Plus, get tips on how to grow vegetables all year long!
Other articles include:
Item Number: 9609