Get more from your garden this year! This sixth edition of Mother Earth News How to Grow and Preserve Your Own Food is filled with expertly written articles on growing a successful, bountiful garden and preserving fresh vegetables and fruits. You’ll learn how to eat in sync with the seasons, make easy compost, dry and freeze produce from your garden, and more.
Discover how to have chickens in the garden by putting their manure to work and enlisting your birds for organic pest control. Learn how to grow great salads year-round. Read about freezing fruits and vegetables from your garden with straightforward freezing tips that turn your garden harvests into sensational, off-season meals. Follow simple steps to build your own solar food dehydrator.
More articles include:
- Grow a Great Fall Garden – Here’s everything you need to know to grow crisp, delicious broccoli, carrots, spinach and more.
- The Amazon Underground Secret to a Better Garden – Enjoy healthier soil and superior harvests by nurturing the symbiotic relationship between plant roots and mycorrhizal fungi.
- How to Store Fresh Vegetables – Learn the best crops to grow or buy, and the right ways to keep them.
- How to Make Pickles – These three basics methods put perfect pickling within the grasp of every preserver. Just pick a pickle recipe and get started!
- Drying Herbs: Easier Than You Think – You’ll never buy dried herbs again after you try one or more of these six methods for drying your own herbs at home.