- Products for Wiser Living
Become an herb expert with this Mother Earth News Herbs Collection! You’ll learn all about growing herbs as well as utilizing different spices in your next dish.
MOTHER EARTH NEWS Guide to Growing Sage and Other Useful Herbs
Grow herbs year-round with the help of the MOTHER EARTH NEWS Guide to Growing Sage and Other Useful Herbs from the Herb Companion Series. Plant and grow tropical plants (such as ginger and turmeric) throughout the year with aboveground containers. Use horticulture therapy techniques, infuse your soil with beneficial microbes, discover the best seed companies, plant a native garden, and learn all about different plants (such as seven shade-loving herbs). Grow these herbs and put them to good use with the Guide to Growing Sage and Other Useful Herbs!
MOTHER EARTH NEWS Guide to Cooking with Garlic
Garlic not only adds intensity and richness to food, it also has healing and preventative qualities.. Learn about everything garlic with the Guide to Cooking with Garlic and Other Tasty Herbs. Discover the health benefits of garlic, including preventing and treating different types of cancer, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, liver damage, and more. Get the tastiest and most classic garlic recipes, such as Garlic Aioli and Garlic and Olive Tapenade. Garlic is not all you get with this guide, though. Find recipes starring some of the tastiest and most flavorful herbs, such as Herb Butter and Herb Salt, Basil-Lime Sorbet, Rosemary & Sage Pickles, and recipes for the heartiest soups and freshest breads. Fall in love with cooking with the tastiest herbs with this guide!
MOTHER EARTH NEWS Guide to Turmeric & Super Herbs
Reboost your health with hundreds of tips from the MOTHER EARTH NEWS Guide to Turmeric & Super Herbs. Inside this 100-page guide you’ll learn more about turmeric, garlic, and other good-for-you herbs. Read the research and eat more garlic; learn to use natural sources to sweeten food; grow a stress-relieving tea garden; learn more about aromatherapy; discover everything to know about essential oils; and more.
Learn the four bulk herb companies you can trust, companies that produce high-quality bulk herbs in sustainable ways. Read about floral therapy and how healing flowers off a bouquet of benefits to our skin and our psyches. Discover 19 strategies to prevent and treat colds and flu. The best multipurpose, easy-to-grow healing herbs belong in every gardener’s medicine cabinet for their range of benefits, and they can be found in the pages of this beautiful guide.
Other articles include:
• Household Uses for Witch Hazel – Discover why humble witch hazel should be your go-to remedy for first aid and skin ailments.
• The Naturally Aromatic Home – Check out these natural blends – with options for any mood and personality – to freshen your living spaces without toxic chemicals.
• Make Life Difficult for Disease – Strengthen the body to fight against diseases before they even have a chance to grab hold.
• Healing Soups – Enhance wellness and ward off disease with these tasty and nutritious soup recipes.
• Growing, Harvesting, and Using Chives – Discover the many healthy ways to use this attractive, easy-to-grow, cancer-fighting perennial.
MOTHER EARTH NEWS Guide to Growing Rosemary
Grow herbs year-round with the help of the MOTHER EARTH NEWS Guide to Growing Rosemary and Other Herbs from the Herb Companion Series. With helpful tips and step-by-step instruction, this guide provides a great foundation for creating tastier dishes or a better-looking garden! Its pages cover growing seeds indoors, creating colorful window displays, growing herbs overwinter indoors, and growing oregano. You'll gain new skills in all things herbal!
MOTHER EARTH NEWS Guide to Super Herbs, Winter 2017
Reboost your health with hundreds of tips from the MOTHER EARTH NEWS Guide to Super Herbs. Inside this 96-page guide you’ll learn more about elderberry, turmeric, ginger, thyme, and more herbs for good health. Discover the top six medicinal essential oils; natural dental and allergy remedies; herbs and nutrients for a better night’s rest; gardening for medicinal health, emotional well-being, and improved digestion; growing ginger and turmeric; and more.
Other articles include:
• Body Care Basics – Avoid toxic chemicals and ramp up your self-reliance by trying these simple recipes (including toothpaste, deodorant, creams, hair products, and more).
• Heart-Healthy Herbal Treats – Discover delicious ways to incorporate heart-healthy herbs into your diet. These recipes feature elderberry, hibiscus, hawthorn, aronia, and ginger.
• The Herbs of Ayurveda – Learn about some of the most popular Ayurvedic herbs, all of which have been used for centuries to promote holistic well-being.
• 5 Best Herbal Antibiotics – Many herbs have proven antibacterial properties, and researchers are turning to these herbs as they work to discover new ways to counter resistant illnesses.
• Graceful Aging – Make your golden years glow brighter with these tips, habits, and recipes that can help ward off the ailments associated with aging (no matter how young or old you are).
• The Medicinal Herb Garden – Grow these 10 medicinal herbs in your garden, and enjoy having the keys to natural wellness just outside your door.
• Herb-enhanced Recipes – Discover delicious hot beverages, healthy veggies, and sweet treats.
MOTHER EARTH NEWS Guide to Cooking with Herbs
MOTHER EARTH NEWS has put together a beautiful guide to help you boost your health with hundreds of tips for growing and harvesting herbs and spices and then cooking with those homegrown herbs and spices. There are more than 99 tips for culinary greatness inside this 100-page guide that features articles and recipes such as Chocolate Dessert Ravioli, herbal sodas, botanical breads, and much more.
Discover how simple and inexpensive it is to dry herbs and spices. Learn which herbs are missing from your kitchen and add new recipes to your cooking routine with these oft-neglected culinary treasures. Learn how to make herbal oils and butters that make great (and inexpensive) gifts. Explore herbs from around the world and learn how they play a crucial role in traditional cuisine across the globe. Read all the uses for mint, and no longer take this classic herb for granted.
More articles include:
• A Simple Kitchen Herb Garden – A small garden filled with herbs is one of the simplest gardens you can grow. Grow these 10 herbs for a garden bursting with flavor.
• Good Vibrations with Herbal Libations – Relax with a cool, refreshing beverage infused with flavorful herbs.
• Frozen Flavor – Whether or not you call them sorbets, sherbets, granitas, or ices, nothing could be simpler to make than these frozen herbal desserts.
• Getting to Know Horseradish – From fiery to fabulous, this spicy root is a flavor-lover’s dream.
• World’s Healthiest Culinary Herbs and Spices – These five flavorful ingredients are standouts not just for taste, but for their many well-documented health benefits.
Item Number: 8728