Are you looking for simple ideas to save money? The Mother Earth News Guide to Living on Less, 7th Edition has dozens of ideas to help you save money on food, housing, and energy, while also living a greener life. This 100-page guide is packed full of articles for earning a living on a farm by building a tiny home without a mortgage, planting a bountiful garden, raising livestock, and more.
Discover how to freeze fruits and vegetables from your garden by tapping into these straightforward freezing tips to turn your garden harvests into sensational, off-season meals. Want milk? Get goats! Dairy goats can supply your family with fresh milk inexpensively. Learn how to build better soil with free organic fertilizer with organic options, including two that you won’t even have to pay for. Read how to craft fresh easy cheeses such as paneer, mascarpone, chèvre, and fromage blanc.
More articles include:
- Make Your Own Gas! Alcohol Fuel Basics – Produce ethanol on a small scale and enjoy the many benefits of this homegrown, renewable fuel.
- The Incredible Versatility of Eggs – Pastured, free-range eggs can be used in numerous egg recipes, from simple fried eggs and bacon to an elegant soufflé.
- How to Easily Grow High-Yielding Greens – Harvest more food from less space with less labor than ever before using this new ‘eat-all greens’ method.
- Prune for Small-Space Fruit Trees – This revolutionary pruning method will enable you to grow any type and variety of fruit in small spaces. Never settle for an apple you don’t adore or a peach you can’t blanc.
- Enjoy Fresh Herbs All Year – Why pay grocery store prices for fresh herbs when you can harvest savory snips from your garden throughout the winter?