GRIT has created more than six editions of GRIT Guide to Chickens, and all have been extremely popular with readers and full of valuable, expertly written articles on raising and maintaining a healthy backyard flock. Now, GRIT has compiled the best of the best chicken articles into this newly updated and revised premium issue! The second edition of the GRIT Premium: Guide to Chickens features 112 pages of articles to get you tending your flock to the best of your abilities. With this premium issue, get advice from GRIT flock owners, learn about a variety of chicken breeds, discover why and how a rooster crows, try delicious recipes for eggs and meat chickens, keep predators at bay, build a coop, and more.
Other articles include:
• Incredible Homestead Chickens – Easy-to-keep, chickens will provide delicious eggs and meat, plus bug control, fertilizer, and tillage.
• Use Up Those Eggs – Without feeding the local wildlife.
• Wintering Chickens – Fowl weather lies ahead; follow a few easy steps, and your flock won’t be vulnerable.
• Chickens in the Garden – You can “recoop” much of the expense of raising chickens by putting their manure to work in your garden and enlisting your birds for organic pest control.
• Adventures with Mail-Order Chickens – Certain beverages and ordering poultry do not mix.