Become a food expert with this real food collection; perfect or learn to make your own bread, become a wiser food producer, or start your own cast-iron cooking!
GRIT Guide to Homemade Bread 8th Edition
Expand your knowledge on all things bread with this GRIT Country Skills Series Guide to Homemade Bread, 8th Edition. Covering the beginner basics of making bread, facts about gluten, popular bread recipes, cornbread to cornmeal, and creating a food business on the homestead, this issue is a must-have. With the more than 75 recipes inside this guide, you and your whole family can enjoy the benefits of homemade bread.
Make flavorful sandwich bread out of quality ingredients to save money and warm a gathering or just your kitchen for the day, enjoy methods guaranteed to make anyone a baker, mix it up with flat bread recipes, or keep it simple with an earth oven.
More articles include:
• Milling About: Take your baking a step further with a home grain mill that produces delicious flour.
• Break Your Fast with Bread: A hearty breakfast keeps you going all morning, and what better way to start the day than with homemade bread?
• Stale, But Not Forgotten: Don't throw out your dry, brittle bread ... give it new life with these fresh recipes.
• Cornmeal to Cornbread: A chunk of this savory yet sweet concoction makes a meal all by itself.
• Recommended Resources: Everything you need to start baking the best bread in your own kitchen.
MOTHER EARTH NEWS Wiser Living Series Eat in Season Spring 2018
Spring, summer, fall, winter! This regional guide is loaded with expert-recommended techniques as well as crop varieties so that you can break through seasonal barriers in your climate and eat from your own garden all year.
• Grow Shiitake Mushrooms
• Smoky Barbecued Onions
• 5 Delicious Wild Greens
• Craft Backyard Apple Cider
• Winter Soups from the Cellar
• Savory and Satisfying Venison
GRIT Guide to Cast-Iron Cooking, 2nd Edition
Get all the know-how for your cast-iron skillet and the best recipes with the GRIT Guide to Cast-Iron Cooking from the Country Skills Series. Find out all about this classic kitchen essential with more ways than ever for using your skillet or Dutch oven. Learn the best oils to season your pan, how to roast coffee and nuts in the pan, and how to cook in the fireplace. Get more than 53 recipes for your cast iron, such as Salmon Cakes, Fried Chicken, Savory Sage and Peppered Cornbread, Homemade Flour Tortillas, Blueberry Wheat Skillet Cake, Cast-Iron Skillet Pizza, and many more. Use these classic cooking techniques and become a cast-iron expert with the GRIT Guide to Cast-Iron Cooking!