- Products for Wiser Living
Although they are small, bees are one of the most important insects in our ecosystem. The sweet part is, we can keep them in our own backyard! The Grit Guide to Backyard Bees and Honey, 8th Edition shows how easy and rewarding it is to have a colony of your own. You’ll learn five helpful tips to know before getting started, the differences between the top three beehive designs, how to harness a swarm to save money, and more!
From hive to honey, this issue tells it all. Once you’ve gotten sticky in beekeeping, this issue guides you through what to do. You’ll learn how to extract and process your honey, what byproducts can be created by honeybees, how to clean, melt, and store beeswax, and more than 15 recipes that will put your honey to delicious use!
Other articles include:
• Nectars in Nature – What’s your favorite type of honey? Learn what factors play into honing the best-tasting honey.
• Build Your Own Beehive – Create your own bee condo and save money in the process.
• Growing a Bee-Friendly Organic Garden – Learn four ways to attract pollinators to your garden and help them flourish.
• Solving Bee Behavior Problems – Understanding normal bee behaviors is essential to identifying unusual behavior and correcting any problem.
• And more!
Item Number: 9610