We’ve put together this special Grit Country Living Set for those who want who to learn more about country life and expand their skill sets! This set includes: Grit Archive 2006-2019, Grit Premium Farmers Markets, Grit Guide to Chickens, and Grit Premium: Guide to Frugal Country Living.
GRIT ARCHIVE 2006-2019
We have compiled 14 years of Grit, bringing you all the best information to help you get the most out of living out where the pavement ends, and utilizing your backyard in town — delivered on a flash drive that plugs into the USB port on your favorite device. Questions about backyard chickens? No problem, use our search function to bring up all of Grit's relevant content! Whether cooking, crafting, woodworking, small-scale farming, gardening, livestock, pets or canning and freezing are on your mind, we have you well covered!
As publishers, it’s our privilege to bring you content designed to help you get the most out of your lifestyle. By bringing together a diverse collection of articles and illustrations, we get the chance to share our vast archives with you, and to celebrate the work that you, our treasured readers, have enabled us to accomplish over the years.
Today, as we forge ahead into a new and uncharted media landscape, we continue to invest in ways to deliver the most relevant and valuable content in the most efficient and innovative formats. This digital archive (updated with 2019 content) contains more than 9,900 articles formatted for optimal viewing on computers.
From articles on growing the best heirloom tomatoes and which types of chickens you should raise, to stories that will help you choose the right machinery the first time, help with maintenance and show you how to choose and build fencing and so much more—you’ll find it all here! In addition to the ability to search the entire archive or browse by each month and year, the interface contains enhanced search features.
• Date range
• Exact phrases and word combinations
• Entire flash drive content
• Headline only
• The content of each individual article
• Popular categories, such as DIY projects, backyard chickens, baking bread, creating the best garden soil and so much more.
We hope this digital archive provides you with endless hours of inspiring and practical advice as we continue our journey together.
This archive uses your preferred Internet browser to view content, but an Internet connection is not required. However, many articles – especially web posts and articles printed in the last five years – also contains links to other websites. An Internet connection is required for these links to work properly.
System requirements: Windows 2000/XP and Mac OS X 10.3 or later. For optimal results use Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer.
GRIT PREMIUM FARMERS MARKETS SPRING 2018
Profit from your homestead with this premium issue of Grit! Learn how to: create a home-based business; break into your local farmers market; create a DIY personalized farm stand sign; become a beekeeper and grow lavender to make a profit; can jams and jellies for display at fairs; sell bread, soap, and birdhouses; and more! Do what you love to do every day, but create a business out of it.
This 113-page issue contains 28 popular and relevant articles from Grit’s archives. A few articles include:
• 12 Ways to Sell Your Products
• Earning on an Acre
• Creating a Food Business on the Homestead
• Here’s Your Sign
• Farm Your Niche
• Market Farming in the Suburbs
• Grow a Gourd, Build a Birdhouse
• Yarn Farming
Full of expert advice and beautiful, detailed photographs, this premium issue of Grit will have you getting a foot in your local farmers market in no time.
GRIT GUIDE TO CHICKENS, 2ND EDITION
GRIT has created more than six editions of Grit Guide to Chickens, and all have been extremely popular with readers and full of valuable, expertly written articles on raising and maintaining a healthy backyard flock. Now, Grit has compiled the best of the best chicken articles into this newly updated and revised premium issue! The second edition of the Grit Premium: Guide to Chickens features 112 pages of articles to get you tending your flock to the best of your abilities. With this premium issue, get advice from Grit flock owners, learn about a variety of chicken breeds, discover why and how a rooster crows, try delicious recipes for eggs and meat chickens, keep predators at bay, build a coop, and more.
Other articles include:
• Incredible Homestead Chickens – Easy-to-keep, chickens will provide delicious eggs and meat, plus bug control, fertilizer, and tillage.
• Use Up Those Eggs – Without feeding the local wildlife.
• Wintering Chickens – Fowl weather lies ahead; follow a few easy steps, and your flock won’t be vulnerable.
• Chickens in the Garden – You can “recoop” much of the expense of raising chickens by putting their manure to work in your garden and enlisting your birds for organic pest control.
• Adventures with Mail-Order Chickens – Certain beverages and ordering poultry do not mix.
GRIT PREMIUM: GUIDE TO FRUGAL COUNTRY LIVING, 1ST EDITION
Grit has compiled expertly written tips on thriving on less out where the pavement ends. The new Grit Premium Issue: Guide to Frugal Country Living is 112 pages of articles that help you live a more sustainable lifestyle. Inside, you’ll find how to create your own home-based business, heat the homestead with wood, build a hoop house, feed a flock of chickens the easy way, learn more about cast-iron cookware, make your own soap, and so much more.
Learn how a few extra seed saving steps, and simple ones at that, will keep your garden growing next year. Read everything you need to know when considering a biomass system to heat your home or shop. Discover how these reclaimed-lumber raised beds let you garden without the toil of tilling. Versatile, durable and easy to use, the original nonstick cookware is still a kitchen essential. Learn the very best homemade cleaning recipes and avoid harmful chemicals and save money with effective cleaners using this collection of simple recipes.
More articles include:
• Farmhouse Kitchen Renovation – For about $1,000, you can give your kitchen area an inspired and refreshing face-lift.
• Salvaging Our Past – Reuse and repurpose items from the junk pile or antique shop for unique and low-budget farmstead furnishings.
• Build a Passive Solar Greenhouse – Grow vegetables anywhere in any season in these climate-optimized, zero-energy-input greenhouses.
• How to Cook Wild Game Meat – Learn the techniques to cook wild game meat for the best results, and try one of these five recipes for big and small game and wild fowl.
• Save Money with Home-Canned Foods – Pursuit of food independence is a paying proposition.
Item Number: 10494