Raw food diets (where food is eaten raw and if heated, the temperature can't exceed 118 degrees Fahrenheit) are becoming increasingly popular today for a variety of reasons: a quest for weight loss and increased energy, reduced risk of diseases, an aversion to animal-based foods or simply a desire to consume more whole, nutrient-rich ingredients. Whatever each person's reason, raw food diets and/or lifestyles are certainly becoming more mainstream.
This wonderful collection of recipes will appeal to both novices and veterans of the raw food lifestyle -- they are imaginative, feature easy-to-follow instructions and are incredibly delicious. From hearty breakfasts that get your day off to an energized start, to satisfying soups and sumptuous main courses, to lush decadent desserts that will satisfy the most discriminating sweet tooth, these recipes reflect author Douglas McNish's talent and commitment to the lifestyle.
Eat Raw, Eat Well includes dishes such as:
- Pear and Walnut Pancakes, Banana Cream Pie Smoothie
- Jicima, Corn, Quinoa and Lime Hot Pot, Perfect Guacamole
- Cauliflower Risotto, Spicy Kimchi, Black Lentil Sloppy Joes
- Quinoa Pilaf, Sweet Potato and Squash Mac 'n' Cheese
- Walnut Portobello Burgers, Moussaka
- Caramelized Peach Tart, Pear Crisp
- Buckwheat Pretzels, Sour Cream and Onion Kale Chips, Pizza Bites
In addition there's a wealth of information on how to properly prepare the ingredients in advance of meal preparation to enhance their nutritional value as well as comprehensive "raw pantry" information.