- Products for Wiser Living
Home canning provides year-round the pleasure of eating natural, delicious produce from the garden or local markets. Preserving food is modern, practical, and simple, especially when using tried-and-true recipes from Best of Bridge. As with all their other much-loved cookbooks, this book provides simple recipes and techniques with gourmet results.
Easy, detailed instructions provide all the information needed before beginning any canning project, and the recipes are appealing. The Basics section provides fantastic information that covers equipment, food safety, and processing in general, as well as special altitude and produce purchasing charts. And an extensive glossary identifies everything from ingredients and canning equipment to preserving techniques.
The outstanding variety of recipes includes jams and spreads, conserves, fruit butters, marmalades, chutneys, pickles, relishes, ketchups, sauces, and salsas. Depending on the time available or the home cook's comfort, the recipes range from:
• Strawberry Jam to Seville Orange Marmalade, Sweet and Tangy Gherkins, Rhubarb Relish to Grilled Corn and Tomato Salsa
• Peach, Plum, Raspberry, Blueberry, Red Currant, and Orange Conserves and Fruit Butter
• Coronation Grape and Orange, Cranberry and Pear Conserve, Pear Butter Marmalades
• Blood Orange, Lemon, Zucchini Orange, Orange and Pink Grapefruit, Lime Chutneys
• Red Onion and Raisin, Classic Peach, Pineapple, Mint, Sweet and Spicy Tomato Pickles
• Classic Icicle Pickles, Classic Spiced Pickled Apples, Easy Sweet Pickles Relishes and Ketchups
• Spicy Tomato Ketchup, Sweet Green Dill Cucumber, 3-Onion Sauces and Salsas
• Fiery Pepper Salsa, Classic Tomato Sauce, Chili Sauce, Classic Barbecue Sauce
These recipes cover the gamut in flavors from simple to spectacular. There’s something for every region and climate nationwide.
Item Number: 7992