Live self-sufficiently with the help of these three premium issues from MOTHER EARTH NEWS! Ditch the store-bought and pre-made life, and live off the land with these guides, each featuring more than 100 pages of content. With this special package, you’ll receive:
MOTHER EARTH NEWS PREMIUM: MODERN HOMESTEADING SPRING 2015
Modern Homesteading features more than 25 articles that cover off-grid living, easy food gardens, solar heating plans, preserving food, and much more.
Read how to start a no-dig, easy-care bag garden that produces 25 favorite food crops. Discover how to make a food self-sufficiency plan by estimating how much to grow or buy, and learn how to achieve food security with the help of our handy charts and guidelines. With this guide’s help, to keep bees and produce fresh, delicious honey in your own backyard. Make your own herbal medicine by finding ingredients for many basic herbal remedies.
Other articles include:
• Easy, No-Knead Crusty Bread: Bake crispy, gorgeous loaves from scratch using this simple technique. All you need are a few ingredients and a blazing-hot Dutch oven for miraculous results.
• Five DIY, Low-Cost, and Multipurpose Greenhouses: Use recycled materials to create an affordable garden greenhouse so you can enjoy fresh food all year long!
• Emergency Power Options: With the right generator, you’ll be prepared when storms or blackouts leave you without electricity.
• Backyard Chicken Basics: They’re less work than house pets and more fun than a tire swing. Plus, they provide delicious, nutritious eggs.
• How to Make Yogurt, Kefir, and Cheese: Tap the health benefits of rich, tangy fermented milk products.
MOTHER EARTH NEWS PREMIUM: SELF-RELIANCE AND COUNTRY SKILLS
This MOTHER EARTH NEWS Premium Issue will help you live off your land and save money! Inside, you’ll find the top tools for a half-acre homestead; learn to pressure can meat; source truly high-quality garden seeds; read how to raise sheep; and more.
Learn the most important self-reliance skill ever by mastering six habits to getting the right work done, the right way. Read the best staple crops for building food self-sufficiency, and fill your pantry and boost your food security by growing 10 space-efficient, calorie-rich staple crops that return high yields and store easily sans fossil fuels. Discover the benefits of the American Guinea hog; a perfect size for smaller homesteads, this heritage breed is easy to manage and provides choice meat and lard.
Other articles include:
• Winter’s Glowing Root Vegetables – Brilliant beets and cold-hardy carrots can help light up your winter meals.
• How to Make Compost – Choose from the many easy ways to make compost for increased garden productivity.
• Expert Advice for Greenhouse Growing – Build a greenhouse in your backyard and you’ll be amazed at its many use.
• Raise Sheep: Low-Maintenance Livestock – Requiring less space and capital than cattle, sheep can provide homegrown, pastured meat with terrific flavor and a powerful nutrient profile. Many sheep breeds can also help turn rocky, dry hillsides into productive pasture.
• 5 Delicious Wild Greens – Give up the war on weeds and embrace the fortifying vegetables right outside your door.
MOTHER EARTH NEWS PREMIUM: SELF-SUFFICIENT LIVING
Become more reliant on yourself and your land with the MOTHER EARTH NEWS Premium Issue: Self-Sufficient Living. Learn how to hatch your own flock of chickens, grow food in less space, find your perfect country property, and get your own no-mortgage natural cottage. Get the best tips for keeping livestock, harnessing natural energy from a DIY wind generator, and making your own medicine. Save money and live healthily with all the best tips for living self-reliantly. Feel the true sense of accomplishment with the help of all the tips from Self-Sufficient Living.
Other articles include:
• Care and Cultivation of Permanent Garden Beds – Provide a secure habitat for the dynamic soil food web that sustains your crops by establishing permanent garden bed and paths.
• Grow Your Own Shiitake Mushrooms – Take these steps to fruit your own fungi for money, food, and fun.
• How to Make Your Own Moccasins – Take your tanned animal skins one step further by turning the leather into comfortable, durable footwear.
• Start a Work-from-Home Business – Our readers get down to business, offering advice on how to be your own boss.
• Homestead Helpers: Sheep, Cattle, Pigs, and Poultry – Livestock aren’t just useful for meat and eggs. They can mow lawns, work garden soil, dig stumps, and more!
MOTHER EARTH NEWS PREMIUM: MODERN HOMESTEADING SPRING 2016 Create your own self-reliant homestead with the help of the Spring 2016 MOTHER EARTH NEWS Premium: Modern Homesteading issue! There are more than 100 pages in this colorful guide filled with MOTHER EARTH NEWS homesteading articles that cover garden beds, livestock, easy recipes, DIY projects, and more.
br> Read the top ways to get rid of ticks from your yard, home, and body to help prevent Lyme and other diseases. Discover simple, safe, and effective remedies for soothing sunburns, blisters, bug bites, and other minor maladies. Learn how to make easy, no-knead bread and homemade butter. Explore ways to live off the land with these strategies for establishing self-sufficient food production, including advice on crop rotations and raising livestock.
MOTHER EARTH NEWS PREMIUM ISSUE SELF-SUFFICIENT LIVING SPRING 2016 If you are ready to sell your downtown apartment and move to a 20-acre lot to live off the land, then this MOTHER EARTH NEWS new premium issue about self-sufficient living is just for you. Inside this 112-page guide, you’ will find discover articles on how to find the perfect country property, harvest tomatoes earlier, preserve produce, build DIY greenhouses, and more.
Explore 65 self-reliance tips that bring a DIY approach to every facet of life, and start saving big money today. Read how to grow and make your own simple medicines by tending a medicinal herb garden for ready access to a multitude of safe, healing remedies. Learn how to make homemade mayo, sourdough bread, pickles, and more.
MOTHER EARTH NEWS PREMIUM GUIDE TO HOMESTEAD DIY PROJECTS FALL 2017 This special premium issue, The MOTHER EARTH NEWS Premium Guide to Homestead DIY Projects, contains 28 articles to help you achieve your self-reliance dreams. This special issue from our belovedthe “Original Guide to Living Wisely”. Our goal at MOTHER EARTH NEWS is to provides information and inspiration to help you live more simply, more securely, and more sustainsably.
This first Best of Mother Earth News edition covers a wide range of topics, including the best articles on organic gardening, renewable energy, self-reliance, do-it-yourself projects, delicious recipes, raising livestock and so much more.
The more than 100 pages of articles capture exactly what Mother Earth News stands for. Whether you are a new reader to the magazine or a loyal subscriber, you will find helpful, interesting and intriguing articles in this premium edition. It’s perfect for anyone who wants to save money on groceries by growing a bountiful garden and raising livestock, or for those who have chosen to live completely off the grid.
The Winter 2015 edition of The Best of Mother Earth News includes more than 25 articles that cover a range of topics from food and cooking to organic gardening, from beekeeping to renewable energy. With more than 100 pages, this is the ultimate self-sufficient guide for any modern homesteader.