Grit has compiled expertly written tips on thriving on less out where the pavement ends. The new Grit Premium Issue: Guide to Frugal Country Living is 112 pages of articles that help you live a more sustainable lifestyle. Inside, you’ll find how to create your own home-based business, heat the homestead with wood, build a hoop house, feed a flock of chickens the easy way, learn more about cast-iron cookware, make your own soap, and so much more.
Learn how a few extra seed saving steps, and simple ones at that, will keep your garden growing next year. Read everything you need to know when considering a biomass system to heat your home or shop. Discover how these reclaimed-lumber raised beds let you garden without the toil of tilling. Versatile, durable and easy to use, the original nonstick cookware is still a kitchen essential. Learn the very best homemade cleaning recipes and avoid harmful chemicals and save money with effective cleaners using this collection of simple recipes.
More articles include:
- Farmhouse Kitchen Renovation – For about $1,000, you can give your kitchen area an inspired and refreshing face-lift.
- Salvaging Our Past – Reuse and repurpose items from the junk pile or antique shop for unique and low-budget farmstead furnishings.
- Build a Passive Solar Greenhouse – Grow vegetables anywhere in any season in these climate-optimized, zero-energy-input greenhouses.
- How to Cook Wild Game Meat – Learn the techniques to cook wild game meat for the best results, and try one of these five recipes for big and small game and wild fowl.
- Save Money with Home-Canned Foods – Pursuit of food independence is a paying proposition.