Beginning Seed Saving for the Home Gardener explores how seed saving is not only easier than we think, but also essential for vibrant, independent, and bountiful gardens.
Among the topics author Jim Ulager covers:
• Why seed saving belongs in the home garden
• Principles of vegetative and sexual reproduction
• Easy inbreeding plants, including legumes, lettuce, tomatoes, and peppers
• Plants with a few more challenges, including squash, spinach, onions, and parsley
• A brief discussion of more difficult crops, including corn, carrots, and cabbage
Written by a home seed saver for the home seed saver, Beginning Seed Saving for the Home Gardener is a comprehensive guide for those who want to reclaim our seed heritage, highlighting the importance of saving seeds for you, your neighbors, and (most importantly) subsequent generations.