Chewy, nutty zucchini cookies stay soft and delicious long after they're baked.
• 2 cups flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup sugar
• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• 1 egg, beaten
• 1 cup peeled, seeded, grated zucchini
• 1 cup raisins
• 1 cup chopped nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 2 cookie sheets or line with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
3. In another large bowl, cream together sugar, butter and egg until light and fluffy. Add dry ingredients, mixing well. Stir in zucchini, raisins and nuts.
4. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake, one cookie sheet at a time, for 12 to 15 minutes, or until tops are light golden brown and centers are set. Let cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Find more nut-enriched recipes here: Nut Recipes for the Country Kitchen.