Give your zucchini bread some extra zing with orange extract and zest.
• 3/4 cup oil
• 1-1/4 cups sugar
• 3 eggs
• 3-1/2 cups flour
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 4 cups raw, shredded zucchini
• 1 teaspoon orange extract
• Zest from 2 oranges
• 3/4 cup chopped nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 3 loaf pans; set aside.
2. In large bowl, combine oil, sugar and eggs, and blend thoroughly.
3. In medium bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Whisk to blend thoroughly. Add to egg mixture, and stir to combine. Stir in zucchini, orange extract and zest, and nuts, and mix well.
4. Divide batter evenly among prepared pans. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until bread tests done. Cool slightly in pans before turning out onto wire racks to cool completely.
Find more nut-enriched recipes here: Nut Recipes for the Country Kitchen.