Wilma's Ledge Curried Halibut is named after the underwater ledge where Dawn and her family catch the halibut from their boat.
Starboard Farm spice mix:
• 2 tablespoons dried parsley
• 3 tablespoons paprika
• 2 tablespoons kosher salt
• 2 teaspoons onion powder
• 2 teaspoons garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• 1 teaspoon oregano
• 1 teaspoon thyme
• 1 cup breadcrumbs or panko
• 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
• 1 teaspoon Starboard Farm spice mix
• Extra-virgin olive oil, as needed to coat cast-iron skillet
• 2 pounds fresh halibut fillets
• Salt, to taste
• Pepper, to taste
• 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. To make spice mix: In medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until well blended.
3. To make halibut: In medium bowl, combine bread crumbs, curry powder, and spice mix; set aside.
4. On stovetop, heat large cast-iron skillet over high heat and coat with olive oil. Season halibut with salt and pepper on both sides, and add to skillet skin side down. Cook for 4 minutes and turn fillets carefully. Cook an additional 4 minutes and turn again to skin side down.
5. Top fillets with breadcrumb mixture and pour melted butter evenly over breaded fillets.
6. Transfer to oven and bake for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately.Related: Check out these other great recipes to cook in your cast iron.