Garden Vegetable Casserole with Ground Beef
1 hr 35 min
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 rib celery, sliced
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped chives, or 3⁄4 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cans (10-3⁄4 ounces each) cream of mushroom soup
- 1-1⁄2 soup cans water
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Butter 2-1⁄2-quart casserole dish; set aside.
- In skillet, brown ground beef. Drain. Season with salt and pepper.
- In large bowl, combine potatoes, carrots, onion, tomato, celery, caraway seeds, chives and garlic powder; mix well.
- In prepared dish, alternate layers of meat and vegetables.
- In medium saucepan, combine soup and water, and heat over medium heat until hot. Pour over ingredients in casserole dish.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, or until heated through. Sprinkle cheese on top, and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Cool for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley.
Try more quick weeknight dinners with Easy Casserole Recipes.
This Garden Vegetable Casserole with Ground Beef incorporates a wealth of delicious vegetables.