Try this recipe for the most delicious (yet still healthy) soup you've ever had. No gluten, no GMOs, and completely vegan!
Prep time: Approx 10-15 minutes
Total cook time: 2-1/2 hours (or less based on your preference)
• 1 package Diaya cheese (sharp cheddar slices)
• 4 medium potatoes (organic) - sliced small (keep skins on)
• 1 cup water
• 3 leafs organic kale
• 1-1/2 cups almond or hemp milk
1. Slice potatoes as small as possible, and boil to softness of your preference.
2. Add your almond or hemp milk.
3. Chop or tear the kale into small, bite-sized pieces, mix with the water, and add to the milk and potatoes.
4. Cook for 1-1/2 to 2 hours, until potatoes or kale are tender.
5. Start adding Diaya cheese, two slices every 10-15 minutes (when one group has melted, add the next two).
6. Smile! You just ate the most delicious, healthy soup you’ve ever made!
They say selfishness is not choosing the way one wishes to live, but trying to impose the way you live on others. Since becoming a vegan in 2012, my life has gotten a lot harder. I have celiac’s disease, and that makes life a lot harder, especially right now with my income restrictions.
Two years ago, I had many people come to me and say, “Why are you eating that?” or “You need to eat _____” or “I couldn’t eat like that.” I didn’t tell them I was suffering from cancer in my stomach. They always shamed me for being so skinny. I was put down because I “eat too healthy” and because I “work out too much” and I am “too skinny.” I’m not skinny, I’m strong! Thank God, because at least 70% of society is overweight — and sick — or will discover they are sick if they continue down an unhealthy path. I intend on becoming more educated on food and nutrition so that I can help kids and anybody else who is looking to become healthy or maintain their health — before it gets out of control.
I love how great this food makes me feel, and how strong and energetic is makes me.
Because of all the heckling of my healthy choices, I thought nobody would want to eat at my restaurant. Since I love cooking so much, I started making my recipes and giving them to people for free. (Which is what I am going to do with the food at my restaurant — free, healthy, delicious food. I plan to just run off tips and my YouTube channel.) I love cooking, and I want to share this gift of good health with the world!
I gave a bowl of this soup to a lady named Beth that works at Kroger, and she is still raving about it two weeks later!
When you try this recipe, please comment and let me know what you like about it. How did you make it better? Thank you!
Photo by Fotolia/klukovkaali
Watch me make this recipe on my YouTube channel!