I want to clear up the common misconception that healthy delicious food is unaffordable. Eating healthy is one of the main changes that keeps me out of the hospitals and doctors' offices today. Prayer, wisdom, resourcefulness, and the creative cooking skills to eat healthy, whole foods helped me overcome cancer.
I’m working hard on my YouTube show to give everyone the healthy, decadent, delicious food they deserve at a price everyone can afford — FREE! I’ll get paid for the show once I get 1,000 subscribers, so then I can open my restaurant. We’re planning to run off tips and donations. We’re going to create jobs and stimulate the local economy. We're going to create community and show the love of Christ to people by giving them free food and a place where “everyone knows your name,” like Cheers! I specifically want to help those fighting addiction, because I am a recovering addict. Having been unshackled from drugs for almost nine years, I know how hard it is to get away from people who are using, and it's even harder to find support when you are ready to quit.
Celiac’s Community, get ready! My restaurant will have a gluten-free, vegan/vegetarian menu with meat options. There will something for everyone, but the common denominator won’t be food, it will be love. People should be our priority.
I think the most important recipe I’ll ever create is the vision I have cooking up in my head to help heal the hurting.
But since I don't have the words or the time to write that recipe down, here's another of my creations: Vegan, Gluten-Free, Cheesy Chili.
• 1 can Tri-Bean Blend, Kroger brand (drained)
• 1 can black beans (drained)
• 1 can spicy black beans (undrained)
• 1 teaspoon of the "24 Herbs and Spice Seasoning" from Bragg
• 2 cans tomato paste
• 3/4 cup water
• diced carrots
• snow peas
• diced broccoli
• 3 tablespoons from a packet of chili seasoning
• your favorite Diaya shredded cheese (for topping)
1. Combine all ingredients except cheese in a crockpot and cook for 2 hours (more or less, because you can’t get sick from this!)
2. Add or subtract ingredients to your tastes.
3. Top with Diaya shreds — dare to share! (if you can save any!)
Photo by Fotolia/minadezhda
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE