- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup homemade jam
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan, and heat slowly over medium-low heat, stirring until combined.
- Use with grilled hamburgers, baked beans, or as a sandwich spread. Store in refrigerator.
I’ve successfully used overcooked cherry jam, blackberry jam, and mango jam to make barbecue sauce. This recipe can also be made with jam that isn’t overcooked.
Yields 2 cups.
Learn about other ways to fix jam disasters in:
- How to Save Overcooked Jam
- Amanda’s Chicken Cherries Jubilee Recipe
- Peanut Butter and jelly Muffin Recipe
Renee Pottle is a freelance writer and author. She writes about food preservation, food businesses, and gardening from her home in Kennewick, Washington.