Let's make it Yummy!
This is the perfect salad for a hot summer dinner or a dish for the pot-luck party. The simplicity of the salad is why so many love this summer side.
It can be found at pretty much any summer party we attend. Memorial Day, Father's Day, Labor Day, July 4th, even graduation parties.
Summer Salad. Photo by Carrie Miller.
- 1lb linguine
- 1 large sweet pepper (add some color red, yellow, or orange)
- 1 medium onion
- 1-2 large carrots
- 1-2 heads of broccoli
- 1 package sharp cheddar shredded cheese
- A hand full of pepperoni, cut up
- 1 can black olives
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- 1 to 1.5 Jars of you favorite Italian dressing or two packages of dried Italian dressing prepare as instructed on package
- Salad Toppings "Typically found by the salad dressings or croutons"
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- Or, cheat a little and grab Salad Supreme by McCormick for an all in one option!
- Cook pasta till al dente, drain, and run under cool water. Once the pasta is cool to the touch finish draining. Place pasta into a large mixing bowl.
- Dice your peppers, onions, broccoli, pepperoni, and olives.
- Shred the carrots.
- In large bowl add all the vegetables, pepperoni, cheddar cheese, 1 jar of salad dressing, spices, salad toppings, and mix well together with a rubber spatula.
- Once everything is all mixed together add in the cold pasta and re-mix. Add the remaining Italian dressing to your taste.
- Set in the fridge for an hour or so, letting it all marinate together.
- Add seasoning and salad toppings to your taste, everyone is different. So, add slow and taste before adding more. If you're unsure then buy the Salad supreme from the seasoning isle. Let the mixture sit in the fridge a few hours before serving, stirring a few times along the way. Add 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese to the top before serving.
- Add whatever vegetables and toppings you love! Cauliflower, bacon, tomatoes, and even radishes also work well in this recipe.