- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 medium summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red cabbage
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon dried hibiscus flowers
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh chives
- 4 small fresh tomatoes, diced
- 24 rinsed pumpkin blossoms, with stems, stamens, and sepals carefully removed
- Oil of your choice for frying, enough to fill 1/4-inch in skillet
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until soft and clear. Add sweet potato, potatoes, summer squash, carrot, and cabbage; stir to combine. Cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes, until potatoes are soft. Add goat cheese, Parmesan cheese, lemon thyme, oregano, dill, hibiscus flowers, and chives. Stir carefully until all ingredients are incorporated and goat cheese is melted. Add tomatoes and stir. Remove from heat.
- Stuff prepared pumpkin blossoms with heaping tablespoon of mixture. Pinch petals together carefully at top, gently twist, and tuck underneath. Set aside.
Try these other edible flower recipes.
This recipe is packed with tasty ingredients you can find in your garden.