This easy Strawberry Spinach Salad features a vinaigrette recipe for a satisfying summer meal.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 10 cups loosely packed fresh spinach
- 1-1/2 cups sliced strawberries, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
To Make Vinaigrette:
- In medium bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients until blended. Set aside.
To Make Salad:
- Wash spinach and dry well. Trim off thick stems. Tear larger leaves into smaller pieces, making sure leaves are manageable with fork. Place in large bowl.
- Toss 1 cup berries, mushrooms, and onions with spinach. Just prior to serving, toss salad with 1/3 cup dressing (reserving the rest for another time), and arrange remaining strawberries on top.
Note: Spinach can be prepared several hours ahead of time if dried well and kept in refrigerator. Prepare strawberries no earlier than 1 hour before serving so they don't become mushy.
Check out these other Fresh Fruit Recipes.