We're still fighting the bitter cold here in southern Alberta; it's been too nasty to get out and enjoy all the snow! This is definitely the time of year when a person craves a little comfort food, and this recipe hits the spot. Plus it's really quick to make, so it's a good choice if you're rushing to bring something to the table after a long day. It pairs nicely with baked chicken or fish or cooked lentils.
1. Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
• 2 black cardamom pods
• 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
• 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
• 1/4 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped.
2. Heat until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
• 3 cups fresh baby spinach leaves, washed and torn in half
• 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
• 1/2 can coconut milk.
3. Stir. Cover the skillet with a lid. Turn the heat down to medium-low. Cook for about 5 minutes, until spinach is wilted.
4. Remove the cardamom pods and discard.
5. Serve over hot cooked rice.
If you don’t like spinach, you could substitute Swiss chard (remove the ribs) or collard greens.
More than 150 workshops, great deals from more than 200 exhibitors, off-stage demos, inspirational keynotes, and great food!LEARN MORE