- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound cooked and deveined frozen shrimp, thawed per package directions
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes (use less for mild)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1. Drop your pasta in a pot of boiling water and cook to al dente (about 5 minutes). Meanwhile, in a big skillet over medium-high heat, sauté your chopped onion and bell pepper in a drizzle of olive oil with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook about 5 minutes. Next, add in your shrimp and red pepper flakes and cook about a minute. Pour in your chicken stock and deglaze the pan (scrape the little bits off the bottom). Reduce heat to low.
- Drain pasta and add to skillet. Stir to incorporate pasta with the other ingredients. Stir in fresh spinach and let it wilt down about a minute.
So fast, right? The angel hair pasta cooks up in minutes and the shrimp is already cooked, so all you’re doing is heating it through.
Taken from: Mix-and-Match Meal Planner: Your Weekly Guide to Getting Dinner on the Table (Mix-And-Match Mama). Copyright © 2016 by Shay Shull. Published by Harvest House Publishers, Eugene, Oregon. Used by Permission.
About Shay Shull: Shay Shull is a wife, mom, author and entrepreneur. On her Mix and Match Mama blog, she writes about motherhood, adoption, world travel, and, of course, yummy food. Shay and her husband struggled with infertility, but they received the miracle of birth with two children, and the joy of adopting two children. She and her husband and their four children live near Dallas, Texas. Shay’s brother Sean Lowe was the star of The Bachelor (2013). Shay is the author of four books including Mix & Match Meal Planner, Mix & Match Cakes, Mix & Match Mama Eats, and Mix & Match Mama Kids in The Kitchen. She has been featured on national television shows including Hallmark’s Home & Family and The Today Show.
The Mix-and-Match Meal Planner (Harvest House Publishers, 2016), by Mix and Match Mama blogger Shay Shull, is for people who need some inspiration as to what to make for dinner. Shull helps answer that question with a collection of meal planner recipes. For dinner, consider cooking up some a quick and easy bowl of spicy shrimp pasta.
If you’re interested in planning and adding more recipes to your dinner table, you can check out more Mix-and-Match Meal Planner recipes here: