Smoky Grilled Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat or coconut oil
- 4 (1-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons Smoky Spice Blend
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat, then brush with the bacon fat or coconut oil.
- Season the pork chops liberally on both sides with the Spice Blend, then place on the hot grill for 3 minutes per side.
- If using a grill pan, place the pan in the oven to continue cooking for 4 to 8 minutes or until the chops reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- If you are grilling outside, move the chops to a higher rack or lower-temperature area of the grill to cook evenly until they've cooked through.
- Alternatively, you can transfer the chops from the grill to an oven-safe pan and finish cooking in the oven as described above.
More from The 21-Day Sugar Detox Cookbook:
- Chorizo Burgers with Spicy Red Onions Recipe
- Coffee and Cocoa Rubbed Ribs Recipe
- Cookout Coleslaw Recipe
- Italian Sausage and Peppers Recipe
- Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus Recipe
- Turkey Jerky Recipe
In The 21-Day Sugar Detox Cookbook: Over 100 Recipes for Any Program Level, Diane Sanfilippo provides more than 100 recipes readers can enjoy “guilt-free.” These simple and delicious recipes and meal plans will help readers easily cut bad eating habits and get rid of sugar and carb cravings for good. The following excerpt is from Chapter 3, “Easy Recipes.”