Kabob Recipe With Sirloin Steak, Peppers & Mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless top sirloin steak, 1 inch thick, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 24 large mushrooms, optional
- 1 to 2 medium green, red or yellow bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 to 2 white or red onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Prepare grill.
- In large bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, water, mustard, honey, oregano and black pepper, and whisk to combine. Add beef, mushrooms, bell pepper and onion, and toss to coat.
- Alternately thread beef, mushrooms, bell pepper and onion onto four 12-inch metal skewers.
- Place kabobs on grill over medium heat. Grill, uncovered, for 9 to 12 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Remove from grill and allow to cool slightly before serving. Note: If using wooden skewers instead of metal, soak them in a pan of water for 20 minutes before threading ingredients. Find more summer recipes for Easy Outdoor Cooking.
Kabobs are easy to customize to your taste; these start with sirloin steak, peppers and juicy mushrooms.