Kabobs are easy to customize to your taste; these start with sirloin steak, peppers and juicy mushrooms.
• 2 tablespoons oil
• 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon water
• 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
• 1 teaspoon honey
• 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried oregano leaves
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• 1-1/4 pounds boneless top sirloin steak, 1 inch thick, cut into 1-inch cubes
• 24 large mushrooms, optional
• 1 to 2 medium green, red or yellow bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 to 2 white or red onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
1. Prepare grill.
2. In large bowl, combine oil, lemon juice, water, mustard, honey, oregano and black pepper, and whisk to combine. Add beef, mushrooms, bell pepper and onion, and toss to coat.
3. Alternately thread beef, mushrooms, bell pepper and onion onto four 12-inch metal skewers.
4. Place kabobs on grill over medium heat. Grill, uncovered, for 9 to 12 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
5. Remove from grill and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Note: If using wooden skewers instead of metal, soak them in a pan of water for 20 minutes before threading ingredients.
Find more summer recipes for Easy Outdoor Cooking.