Ricotta Pancake Recipe
By Maggie Bullington | Jul 30, 2019
Made with fresh homemade ricotta, these rich and delicious pancakes are a hit at my family’s breakfast table. Yields about 12 pancakes.
- 1 cup flour
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine ricotta, milk, egg yolks, and vanilla. Mix into dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into pancake batter.
- Cook in batches on a hot, greased griddle. Enjoy warm with butter and syrup.
More Simple Cheese Recipes:
Maggie Bullington lives in rural Alabama with her family of homesteaders. She gardens, assists with several home businesses, and tries new recipes with farm-fresh ingredients. Follow Maggie at TinyRanch.
Create a Home Canning Pantry That Works for You
If you’re anything like me you might be somewhat limited on your space. We have six people and live in a 1,500-square-foot home. I’m not complaining one bit about its size but sometimes, I do need to get creative when it comes to storing home canned foods and my canning supplies. If this is the […]
Grill Outside the Box
Sear up savory vegetable and bread dishes that go beyond traditional grill grub.
Seek Chanterelles in Summertime
Morels aren’t the only treasure available to mushroom lovers! Expand your foraging to include chanterelles, and savor their flavor in these recipes.